Ages ago I covered some apps like this, but haven’t for quite some time. This one from Studio Six Digital seems quite good as it has a whole bunch of functions in one app and will be getting more via in app purchase soon. It also will work with their iAudioInterface device which they are working on. Here’s the detail:
Included in the app now:
- SPL Meter — The popular analog sound level meter, now with increased range to work with the iAudioInterface microphone.
- RTA — Octave and 1/3 octave spectral analysis.
- Level / Frequency — measure the dB level and frequency of the iAudioInterface line input (also works with any dock input audio source).
- Audio Scope — (Coming Soon) A dual-trace audio-band oscilloscope that includes auto- and single-trigger modes, variable sweep rate, and up to 128x gain.
- Generator — Audio signal generator that include sine waves, square waves, white noise, and pink noise. The noise signals may be octave-band limited.
Apps available as in-app purchases:
Not everyone will want or need every function. Choose just the ones that fit your needs, now, or anytime that you might need them.
- FFT — (Coming Soon) Fast Fourier Transform analysis for extremely detailed acoustics work.
- SPL Pro — (Coming Soon) Our professional digital SPL meter. Includes peak hold, LEQ, octave band filters, and more.
- SPL Graph — (Coming Soon) Plot SPL over time (up to 24 hours) and optionally record the audio. Supports A,C, and octave-band weightings.
- ETC — (Coming Soon) Energy TIme Curve. Plots the decay of an impulse over time. Also computes RT60 from the curve.
- Speaker Polarity — Determines speaker polarity by analyzing a proprietary signal.
- Calibration — Calibration of iAudioInterface, as well as the internal mic is supported. You can also calibrate other input sources.
- Save results — Results for the RTA, FFT, SPL Graph, SPL Pro, ETC and Audio Scope functions may be saved and recalled at a later time. You can also save screen shots of these functions.
- Export results — Saved results may also be exported to any PC or Mac using a we browser. Results are stored in comma-delimited format for input into a spreadsheet or other analysis tool.
AudioTools at the app store:
var addthis_pub = ‘PalmSounds’;http://s7.addthis.com/js/widget.php?v=10