There’s been lots of discussion about what’s in 3.1 in the last few hours. Here’s what I’ve been able to gather so far.
Details of some new iPhone 3.1 features found already:
- Non-destructive video editing means trimming a clip no longer saves over the original video but gives you the option to “Save as copy…”
- Voice Control now works over Bluetooth
- iPhone vibrates when moving icons
- Updated AT&T profile to 4.2
- Updated modem firmware to 5.08.01
Behind the scenes changes abound as well:
- Improvements to OpenGL and Quartz.
- APIs to allow third party apps to access videos and edit them.
For me the most interesting thing is the video API access. If this is the case then new apps could emerge like a TrakAx mobile for the iPhone, and then getting a 3GS would be really worth it.
var addthis_pub = ‘PalmSounds’;http://s7.addthis.com/js/widget.php?v=10