PSynth is Clockwork Software’ s amazing hand held recorder/synthesizer for the iPhone and iPod Touch. Using PSynth you can record and save those melodies that pop into your head from time to time and you can express them with an almost infinite variety of unique sounds.
PSynth’s architecture and capabilities are similar to that of a Mini-Moog or a Roland Juno synthesizer but with the addition of a built in multi-track sequencer. Many of the synthesizer sounds heard in todays contemporary music can be emulated with PSynth. Unlike old analog synthesizers, PSynth is implemented entirely in software in the digital domain. This means all timing aspects of PSynth are rock solid and totally synchronous and PSynth will never, ever go out of tune.
PSynth turns the iPhone and iPod Touch into a complex music production device which will take time to completely master. In experienced hands, PSynth is a serious musical instrument. For all users, PSynth can be a source of wonder and delight with the multitude of sounds and sonic textures it can create.
Clockwork Software’s PSynth has the following features:
• Multi-track recorder/sequencer
• Three voice polyphony
• Full automation of all synth elements
• Three oscillators + one LFO
• Oscillators have 7 octave range
• Oscillators have four selectable waveforms
• Oscillators can run in tracking mode or polyphony mode
• Oscillators can be detuned in relation to each other
• Oscillators can be amplitude or frequency modulated to a user selected level
• Built in metronome with tappable tempo and selectable beats per measure
• 24db/octave variable resonance Low Pass sweepable filter
• Pink noise generator
• Two Attack, Decay, Sustain, Release (ADSR) type envelope generators for driving filter and
• Reverb effect
• Ability to save and load scenes and songs
• All aspects of operation run in real time
I don’t know what this app is like, so if you’ve got any experience with this app, please let me know.
var addthis_pub = ‘PalmSounds’;http://s7.addthis.com/js/widget.php?v=10