The new version of Virtual Deck has gone up to the app store today. Here’s what’s new:
- 33rpm and 45rpm (songs are played at 45rpm by default)
- fast-forward and fast-rewind by spinning the virtual turntable
- precision-beatmix using the Scratch screen
- -20% to +20% speed slider and a display showing the current speed deviation
- supports Ogg/vorbis, most WAV and most AIFF audio files (MP3 is currently not supported!)
- upload files using the intuitive upload screen
- built-in cutoff and resonance filter
- repeat button for small cuts
OSC has had a small update. OSC is a controller app for MAX/MSP and Pure Data. Here’s the description from the OSC site:
The application allows to remote control and receive feedback from software and hardware that implements the OSC protocol such as Pure Data and Max/MSP.
The interface provides a number of different touch controls to send/receive messages:
The program comes with four layouts that are organized in multiple pages. We are working on another version of this program with configurable layout and adjustable control behavior and value-range.
SrutiBox 1.1 has some interesting new features coming:
- Speed up of synthesis loop for higher fidelity.
- More sensitive accellerometer action. I smoothed it out on purpose to make development easier, but I’m going to change it to require more active pumping (unless you turn up the minimum volume slider to disable it, of course).
- More timbres, with names for them.
- Volume sliders spread out to easy live performance and better accommodate multi-touch
- A Custom interval set
- Other User interface improvements, e.g. real sharp and flat characters displayed instead of # and b.
I’ve had a number of developers either send press releases or mention them to me. If you are a developer and what to include Palm Sounds in your press release distribution, then please do, You can always email palm sounds at:
palm dot sounds at mac dot com