Just a quick note to say I finally managed to get a couple of DS-10’s running together. It was excellent. Very geared toward doing something live though.
It is a bit of a drawback having the manual in Japanese as you have to work everything out without reference to anything at all. However, having said that, it all seems fairly straightforward so far.
Once I’ve got something worth filming I’ll try and get a video done.
It does look very cool actually.
I’ve been trying to get my hands on either an SDIO or Compact Flash card camera for my Dell Axim running Windows Mobile 5. I picked up a cheap SD camera on eBay made by Spectec, but I can’t get the drivers to work at all for me.
If anyone has any suggestions on cameras you’ve used or know of, or indeed that are available, I’d really appreciate it.
I posted a while ago about the new version of TrakAx Mobile. Then today I noticed another post on their blog, which I assumed was an update. However, it appears to be the same post, and at the end it says that they hope for a release date in mid-July.
I’ve been waiting for this update since June, and I’ll really looking forward to it. There are some amazing new features in this release, including:
- Pan and zoom effects for still images
- Expanded transition choices
- Photo and video effects and borders
- Improved text rendering and colour choice
- Improved media search
- Themes for credits
Let’s hope they get the new version out soon.
Interesting results so far on the iPhone / iPod Touch Poll. More people have a Touch than an iPhone. Ok, I realise that there’s still another 5 days to go on this, but I am surprised.
The other point is that as Drewzle points out in his comment, until there is something to rival Bhajis Loops then it is difficult to see a really good reason to move.
CDM has a post on the Pro Tools remote app that’s now on the app store.
On a personal note I’m not too fond of remote apps as I prefer apps for actual making or performing. However, I can see this being useful though.
In my old post from almost two years ago I was using a trusty Tungsten T3, and a Zoom PS-04.
It strikes me that in two years nothing that much has changed really.
What I’d like to be able to do is just have one device that really does give me the ability to do all the things I need to in one place. I was beginning to think that the new Treo 800w would fit. My reasoning goes like this:
- Windows Mobile will run MeTeoR for multi-tracking
- WM will run AudioBox and Griff for synthesis and sequencing
- StyleTap will sit on WM6 and run Palm Apps like Bhajis, Microbe and some minimusic applications too
- MixTikl will come to WM6 and will give the ability to make music on the device and then move it back and forth between the device and the desktop
- TrakAx Mobile will sit in their so I can make videos using the on board camera and add my music to them
- I can still use it for all those PIM functions plus it has wifi and GPS to boot.
So, why is this not going anywhere? Well, first off I’m still waiting for the Treo 800w to come to the UK. Secondly, the iPhone platform is where all the attention is at the moment and if apps like MeTeoR, TrakAx mobile, and Griff come out for that platform I think I’d rather be there.
So, I am stuck waiting for things to happen.