Well, after talking about it for a few weeks here’s some more detail on the new mobile application from Intermorphic. Most of this is taken from the Mixtikl page on the Intermorphic site. Here’s what we can expect from Mixtikl:
- Capture/Mix/Work on content on the move on your mobile; finesse on desktop using plug-in later; move back to mobile whenever you want.
- Use loops, midi, generative music and modular synthesis for your sound palette.
- Perform music on your mobile with the powerful ‘Perform’ application.
- Play generative music on your mobile, using the integrated Noatikl engine.
- Create quick mixes, and mix and match sounds (yours, or in add-on Tiklpaks) with the ‘Remix’ application.
- Pitch shift your loops and apply realtime FX.
- Act as VST or AU plugin in your VST/AU enabled sequencer.
- Have fun making/mixing hi-quality music on your mobile!
Although not available yet, Mixtikl will come in a number of variants for both Windows and Mac OSX PCs, and mobile devices. More details on these and their feature mix will follow over the coming months.
For Windows and Mac OS X, there will plugin versions for e.g. Logic (Audio Unit [AU]), Sonar (VSTi), Cubase (VSTi), Ableton Live (VSTi), Reaper (VSTi) etc. as well as a standalone version, very useful in its own right, for where there is no suitable plugin variant, e.g. Pro Tools.
For mobile, there will be versions at launch for Windows Mobile 5/6, followed by by versions for iPhone and iTouch, Series 60 V2/3, and Antix Game Player.
the applications themselves:
- Mixtikl features a number of applications for making and mixing music on the go. Further details will be provided later, but at launch these will include (subject to change):
- Mixtikl Remixer – create, EQ and save a quick mix from up to 12 user selectable sound sources/loops, and apply FX
- Mixtikl Performer – create a more complex cell based mix with up to 12 tracks and four sections, and easily apply per track FX, pan and volume
- Mixtikl Player – Create and play a track list of mixes, pieces and recordings you have or have made
- Mixtikl Partikl-Synth – Edit Partikl synth sounds and patches directly, and create presets
- Mixtikl Partikl-FX – Edit Partikl FX and networks directly, and create presets
- Mixtikl Packager – Create custom DLS wavetables; bundle Ogg/Wav files, MIDI files, Noatikl files and other content together into a self contained “SKM” file.
Intermorphic have plans to release many other applications later.
I think it is fantastic that Intermorphic are not only getting back into the mobile space, but also extending and building on the work they did with miniMIXA and taking it to the next natural step.