More goodness from Audio Damage. Grind comes to iOS. Here are the details:
A true powerhouse of audio warfare, Grind puts the “damage” in Audio Damage. From subtle tube-style saturation to full-on mangled wavetable distortion, Grind is a Swiss Army Knife of sound design. This effect consists of three main blocks: wavetable lookup, in to algorithmic saturation/distortion/, and finally to a multi-mode filter with eleven different topologies, from your favorite four-pole lowpass ladder filter, to the 18dB screaming acid, to more subtle toolbox filters like notch. Driving it all is a tempo-synced LFO for rhythmic filtering and grinding.
Grind is code-identical to our VST/AU/AAX version, and can even load its presets. Take your favorite destruction plug on the road with you in this AudioUnits v3 version. Also includes a stand-alone app.
- Input gain and gate
- Wavetable lookup distortion module with LFO modulation over 15 wavetables, and control over window size and phase. This replaces the input sample with one chosen from the selected wavetable based on input level.
- Algorithmic distortion module. Apply one of eleven different distortion/saturation algorithms to the signal, for everything from subtle tube-style harmonic saturation to full sine driver craziness.
- Multi-mode filter with eleven different topologies, from popular vintage synth filters to studio carving tools. The filter frequency is an LFO modulation target, making this worth the price of admission for the filter alone.
- Tempo-synced LFO. In an AUv3 host, Grind’s LFO automatically syncs to your host, and can provide rhythmic interest to virtually any track. Mod the filter, for timbral interest, or mod the wavetable, for the full Grind destructo-effect!
- A mix control rounds out this easy-to-use, yet deceptively intense effect. Add a little or add it all, Grind is a multi-effect that will bring any sound to life.
Grind costs $4.99 on the app store now:
With over half a million downloads, the free Rough Rider compressor from Audio Damage is one of the most popular plugin effects on the planet. Now available for the first time on iOS, Rough Rider 2 brings the exact same plugin to your iPad, as a stand-alone application (with Inter-App Audio) and as an AUv3 for use with hosts that support it, like GarageBand, Cubasis, and Audiobus 3.
Rough Rider 2 for iOS is free on the app store now:
Announced in this blog post, both TouchOSC and TouchViZ get updated.
With TouchViZ this is what’s new:
- Recording — Capture a video of the master output and use in your set immediately or transfer later
- Camera autofocus control — New option to control the autofocus behaviour of the camera live-feed
- Bug fixes — No more crashes when browsing the photo library
They also said: “We have more new features planned! If you enjoy the app and would like to see more free updates and continued development, please consider leaving a review and rating! Thank you for supporting us!”
And the TouchOSC update:
- Added dedicated Tab bar labels
- Added option to send XY / Multi-XY control values in reversed order
- Added option to disable/enable Push button control push/release messages separately
- Minor improvements and bug fixes
Be sure to also update to the newest version of the TouchOSC Editor at https://hexler.net/touchosc#downloads
TouchOSC on the app store:
TouchViZ on the app store:
We’ve seen iDousyn and iDousyn Lite, now there’s iDousyn Pro. Which is iPhone only. Which is in itself a little strange given that the other two are iPad apps. Nevertheless, here are the details …
iDousyn Pro is a musical instrument app simple and elegant which was designed for all people who want to,compose music with a lot of high quality sounds well selected for different musical genres including also reverberation effect, delay effect.
- 72 Keys of sampled pianos
- Key labels (with colors)
- Pitch-Bend wheel
- Mod wheel (Cutoff)
- iTunes file sharing
- Random Controls
- Reset Controls
- Scroll Piano
- Glisse Piano
- 100 Bass
- 100 Chords
- 100 Drums
- 100 Guitars
- 100 Instruments
- 100 Leads
- 100 Pads
- 100 Piano
- 100 SFX
- 100 Strings
- 100 Synth
- Inter-App Audio
- Learn MIDI Keyboard
- Save Presets
- Add Sharing Option (Presets).
iDousyn Pro costs $1.99 on the app store:
This is a really interesting idea and a very different take on gestural control. I can see that this could be really useful for guitarists. I’m inclined to give it a go myself too, especially with Audiobus integration.
Vulse is the only app that lets you control effects WHILE you play by touching your screen and rotating your guitar.
- Mix and match combinations of effects like Wah, Pitch Shift, and Echo.
- Put Vulse in sequence with other apps using Audiobus & Inter-App Audio
- Assign effects to the X and Y touch coordinates and the angle of your phone’s rotation
- Multi-touch and hold-off mode enable completely new ways of interacting with your effects, creating sounds that are impossible to make using a physical effect pedal or whammy bar
- Dedicated kill switch and bypass button on the Play screen
- Wave visualizer and glow effects on the Play screen make Vulse more visually captivating than any physical effect pedal ever made
First bring your iPhone within reach by temporarily affixing it to the face of your guitar, using a micro-suction phone case, hook-and-loop tape, or any other method you prefer. Then plug in your guitar using an adapter like iRig or JAM. Now you’re ready to create completely original sounds using Vulse!
Vulse is free on the app store (couldn’t see any IAPs):
AudioShare is one of the best apps for handling audio around. It’s a real swiss army knife and it’s been a constant utility for me for since it launched. Here’s what’s new in the latest version:
- Allow high quality Bluetooth Audio (A2DP) and AirPlay output.
- Add setting for M4A AAC bitrate.
- Add M4A ALAC (Apple Lossless) format.
- Only check for old trash once a week.
- Auto-play next file when using preview-play button in Library (if LOOP is not enabled).
- Improve info about opened file (lossless, bit rate, etc).
- Update to Audiobus SDK 3.
- Update to AudioCopy SDK 3.4
- Switched to new Dropbox API 2.
- Hopefully fix rare Trash crash.
- Fixes for sample rate adaption.
- Improve Music Library import.
- Various minor tweaks and fixes.